The GROWTH Foundation Scholarship is a natural progression for the Foundation. An early focus of GROWTH volunteers was preparing participants for the CAHSEE (California High School Exit Exam) and setting short term academic and occupational goals. Some participants entered the workforce for the first time, some continued working jobs that GROWTH helped them secure, while others enrolled in community college or university. The scholarship provides financial aid towards education whether it be a GED, trade school, college, or post graduate work. Scholarships are awarded in amounts ranging from $500-$1000, depending upon available funds and individual need.
Applicants must be residents of Los Angeles County who are either high school seniors in the process of applying to, or high school graduates already enrolled in, an accredited school, trade school, college or university, who are experiencing financial and other hardship. The course of study must be offered by an accredited school, trade school, college or university.
The application packet is in PDF format. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free.
1. To apply for a scholarship, please submit an essay explaining:
- Who you are and where you come from
- What you’ve done, what you want to do, and why
- Where you’re going and what you know, and don’t know, about how to get there
- How a GROWTH Foundation Scholarship could help fulfill your goals
Be sure to note in your essay any community service/volunteer work you may have participated in.
2. Include at least two letters of recommendation from a teacher, employer or other adult who knows you well.
3. Submit a completed application. Be sure to sign and date your application.
4. Email your application package as PDF attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your essay, letters and application will be reviewed and you will be contacted to discuss your eligibility. Please be sure to include your email address and phone number.